FANCY FONDANTS

Rose Water & Orange Blossom Fondant Creams


These were made following the recipe in the Spring edition of ukhandmade magazine.

I thought these would make a tasty little treat for Mother's Day and like the good pastry chef that I am, I followed the instructions precisely. I soon found that a lot more icing sugar was required than stated and that the mixture never really became a dough. It remained very sticky until refridgerated so my advice to anyone making these would be to add enough icing sugar (10 ounces plus in my case) to create a solid fondant, skip the kneading part and just refridgerate.

Even though they required quite a lot of elbow grease I am pleased with the results of my first attempt and received a good response all round. Definitely something I would whip up again (probably the day before) as an after dinner treat for guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment