THE ENTOMOLOGY TREND

To write this post we need to take you all back to a time before Clementine & Bloom existed, back to a time when one of us worked for the infamous Alexander McQueen. 

With a background in Embroidery, and a particular interest in fabric manipulation and hand embroidery, it was my goal to work in couture. I achieved this in 2009 when I was chosen to work in the Alexander McQueen studio as a Hand Embroidery Assistant - I shall skip the gory details (long hours and tight deadlines) but what I will tell you is that I loved it! All day sewing beautiful, intricate designs for the most amazing garments, really what's not to love? The highlight of the whole time I spent working there was going to Paris Fashion week with the Plato Atlantis Spring/Summer 2010 collection, not just to finish the garments but to work backstage and see the final vision and all that hard work brought together in one fantastic show.



It still gives me a buzz to see the dresses that I embroidered on Lady Gaga in the Bad Romance video, or Daphne Guinness gracing the red carpet in the collar I worked exclusively on.

Now I can no longer claim any involvement in the McQueen studios but just the other day I was browsing Pinterest when I came across a fabulous dragonfly pattern (straight away I pinned it to our Entomology board) and I was delighted to discover it was a McQueen design. Little ol' Clementine & Bloom must be bang on trend then!




All images courtesy of Alexander Mcqueen

I've included a few of my favourites of the dragonfly designs and as we can't afford Alexander McQueen prices we shall be content instead with these cushions and lampshades from our Entomology collection to give our home that designer treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment