THE TASTE OF SUMMER

 

The weather has been amazingly good here for the past few weeks, it really has begun to feel like summer. And what better way to indulge in this glorious season than with food. With some extra strawberries floating around in my fridge I thought I would treat friends to Eton Mess, possibly the simplest dessert you can make as it really can't go wrong yet super tasty - as one friend said "this actually tastes like summer!"


All you need is chopped strawberries. Couldn't help but fall in love with the striped pattern inside of them, something I've never noticed before. 

Take some meringue and crush it into bit size pieces. Whip some double cream until it thickens then mix in the crushed meringue.


I decided to serve my Eton Mess in individual portions, I had to cycle to meet my friends and wanted something that would travel easily and still look pretty when I got there! Here I've used old jam jars and spooned the meringue/cream mixture into the bottom, added a layer of strawberries and a dollop of white chocolate.


Finished with a little Clementine & Bloom ribbon and hey presto a lovely summery treat for all to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment