BIG BLOOMS


This weekend I snuck away from the studio for a quick bit of rest and relaxation and there was no better place to indulge my love of colour and texture than Columbia Road Flower Market.



Normally I am not a particularly big 'flowers girl'. The other half stopped feeling the need to buy them a long time ago and now I just pop the odd bunch into my supermarket trolley to brighten up my day. However in this instance I couldn't resist...


I now have these spectacularly large hydrangeas and brassicas in the hallway. I'm planning to dry them out and maybe make a Christmas garland with (I know, optimistic as I continually suffer from not having enough time to do all the things I need to do let alone want to do!)



These flowers in my antique jug don't require any water! Perfect for busy people and the colours and foliage are just right for Autumn.

In total I spent £25, more than I normally would on flowers but then as it was my first visit I couldn't help but go a little crazy. I would absolutely recommend it for a lazy Sunday stroll; next time I will definitely go early as it was very busy, maybe stroll around the lovely little shops first and then buy my big bouquets!

No comments:

Post a Comment